- One extra strand is a fishing line
- One is Kevlar (Aramid) - heat and fire resistant to 900 degrees F
- One is ultra-strong DYNA X
- One strand of waxed jute, to make fires
Together, with the regular 7 nylon strands and the polyester sheath, Parapocalypse has a breaking strength of 650 lbs - 100 lbs better than regular 550 paracord.
What can you do with it? Well, if you wear it as a bracelet or belt, you will always have emergency gear that could save your life, or the lives of friends or loved ones. Here are ideas.
- The fishing line strand could help provide an emergency meal.
- The heat resistant Kevlar (Aramid) strand could hang a pot over a fire, tie up a loose muffler or be used as a friction saw.
- The DYNA X strand is great for animal snares, dental floss, sutures and for uses that require high strength and low stretch.
- Jute is easy to ignite and excellent tinder to start files.
That is in addition to the normal uses for paracord, which include tourniquets, backpack repairs, securing loads, and making all kinds of harnesses, leashes, hammocks and other gear.
Here are specs for the new Parapocalypse cord.
Diameter - 5/32" (4mm)
Tensile Strength - 625 lb. (283 kg)
Weight (oz/100ft) - 8oz (227g)
2 Ply cabled 7-Strand Nylon Paracord Core
Fire Aid Waxed Jute Strand
Ultra Strong Dyna-X Strand
10 LB Monofilament fishing line
Kevlar (Aramid) Nano Strand. 110 Lb Tensile Strength and heat resistant to 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
Outer Sheath - 32 Strand Woven Polyester
Color will not run or bleed
UV, Rot, Mold and Mildew Resistant
Not a Life Line
Made in the USA
Parapocalypse paracord is manufactured by Atwood Industries