Practice paracord jig and projects. I'm an old farm boy and this is the homemade jig I use for the trial run on a new pattern. All of the cords on the jig are 550 paracord. It has six cords I can use for the center core of the bracelet. I can pick how many I want to use. It has a total of eight other cords for making the bracelet. Of the eight cords there are six colors: four singles and two sets of two that are the same color. I can play around, mix and match until I find something I like. If I want to add a smaller cord for a highlight I add it in as needed. When I have a pattern that works I choose the colors I want and make it on another jig. Most of the time I have to disassemble the practice one to see how to make the new one. Between bad memory, all the twists and turns, and the first time doing it I usually can't remember how I got to what I liked. As I do the new one on the other jig I take pictures as I go. 

The bottom of the jig is made from a piece of 3/4" counter top. I used 2x4 blocks for the large uprights on the ends. The height of the blocks make it really easy to get a fid needle under the bracelet. The small block attached to the 2x4 is for slipping the number core cords I'm going to use between it and the 2x4. I pull them tight and tighten the screws. I have a small hand held electric drill just for that purpose. I use the torx head screws and driver on those two screws which makes it really easy.

This final picture of the bracelets are what I came up with in a two week time period. They have been made on the practice jig as I watch TV at night. If I have used a particular pattern of someone else's or modified it I give them credit for it. I usually name the bracelets just to keep track of them when posting. I don't claim any of the weaves as original because I don't know if they are. However, I'm sure some of them are original, but how would I know with the neverending amout of weaves out in the world. Most of them are original to me as I set there and play with cord till I find something I like. If I ever seem to copy someone it is by accident. I've been told a time or two I've used a name of someone else's bracelet and I just simply go change the name of mine.

With the amount of paracord colors to choose from now in either solid or multi colored cord, there is no reason you can't find a color combination that works for what you want to do. 

 $4.99--550 paracord/100 ft in 1,000+ colors/patters, 90%+ USA made at https://paracordgalaxy.com/ or 550 paracord page https://paracordgalaxy.com/19-550-paracord-550-cord

Paracordgalaxy.com also offers a variety of free printable tutorials on its tutorials page at https://paracordgalaxy.com/content/20-how-to-make-a-paracord-bracelet





No comments:

Post a Comment